Thursday, January 13, 2022
When water from a leaky roof or broken pipe invades your home or business, mold can set in in as little as 48 hours, especially in Florida. And that mold is capable of causing health complications and significant property damage.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that if there has been significant home water damage and/or if mold growth is suspected to or visibly covers more than a few square feet, a licensed and insured restoration company should be called in to do the job.
With extensive credentials and experience, Joe Taylor Restoration specializes in both water damage restoration and mold remediation. If you discover you have a mold problem, don’t wait- call us immediately.
And while you wait for us to arrive:
What to Do
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Stay out of affected areas.
What NOT to Do
- Do not attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not use a vacuum or blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
- Significant mold growth in Florida homes can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with allergies or respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
Should you discover mold damage in your Florida home or business, call Joe Taylor Restoration. We are licensed by the State of Florida to provide mold removal services. We also carry Pollution Insurance, which is hard to acquire and more expensive than the standard General Liability Insurance. Our technicians are expertly trained and have the experience necessary to get rid of any harmful airborne toxins and return your property to a healthy state.